How to check RRB NTPC Results 2021?
The RRB NTPC or Railway Recruitment Board’s Non-Technical Popular Categories exam is conducted whenever there is a vacancy. The examination aims to recruit staff for graduate and undergraduate positions in the NTPC. This examination is a multi-phase selection procedure.
RRB recruits the candidates who showcase a brilliant performance for various positions by the railway board. It is a computer-based test (CBT). Let’s take a look at the detailed RRB NTPC results process. The physical fitness of the candidates is also taken into account before enrolment into the jobs.
What is the RRB NTPC exam?
The purpose of this examination is to hire eligible candidates for graduate and undergraduates positions in non-technical jobs. These jobs are placed in assorted zonal railways and production units in the Indian Railways. More than 35,000 job vacancies are filled through this examination.
Following are the job positions filled using this examination:
- Senior timekeeper
- Commercial apprentice and Stationmaster
- Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk
- Senior clerk cum typist
- Junior account assistant cum typist
- Trans clerk
- Junior Clerk cum typist
- Goods guard
- Junior timekeeper
- Accounts Clerk cum typist
- Commercial cum Ticket Clerk
However, the RRB does not conduct the NTPC examination every year. The Railway board conducts the exam only when there are enough vacancies in various departments. The board then issues a notification for the exam. Appearing candidates can fill the online application form and pay the online application fees.
The syllabus of the RRB NTPC exam includes General Awareness, Mathematics, and General Intelligence, and reasoning. The CBT exams comprise only objective-type questions.
Recruitment Procedure of RRB NTPC Exam
As mentioned earlier, the examination is a multi-phase process. The candidates have to go a long way before the railway board recruits them for various positions. Following are the steps involved in the RRB NTPC examination process:
- Application Form: RRB will issue the application form for the NTPC exam on their official website indianrailways.gov.in. You can download, fill the form, upload it and pay the application fees online.
- Admit Card: They will issue the admit card before the exam individually, for every exam stage. You can download it from their official website. They give you proper credentials, using which you can log in.
- Attempting the Exam: This exam is pan-Indian and is conducted in many cities. The examination involves two stages of CBT, typing skill or CB aptitude tests, document verification, and medical inspection.
- Announcement of Results: RRB will release the results of all the stages of the exam online. You can download them in PDF form for reference.
RRB NTPC Examination 2021
The NTPC 2021 exam was conducted in various stages through online mode. The total number of vacancies available was 35, 208. Approximately, around 1.2 crores of students attempted the exam. RRB held the first CBT examination from 28th December 2020 to 31st July 2021. Due to the upsurge of COVID-19 during this period, they held the first stage of CBT in many phases.
Candidates found the overall difficulty level of the exam to be moderate. Below is the stage-wise breakdown of the RRB NTPC exam 2021:
- First stage CBT exam: The computer-based test (CBT) – phase 1 was conducted for 90 minutes online. It contained 100 MCQs from all areas of the syllabus. It was for a total of 100 marks with negative marking for wrong answers.
- Second stage CBT exam: The exam is similar to the first CBT. However, it comprised a total of 120 questions. The duration of the exam was 90 minutes too. It also has negative marking for wrong answers.
- CBAT: This is the Computer-based Aptitude test. It comprises at least six test series with no negative marking.
- Typing Skill Test: This exam requires the candidates to type at least 30 words per minute in English or 25 words per minute in Hindi. It is also a computer-based exam.
When will RRB announce the results for the NTPC Exam 2021?
RRB was to conduct the NTPC exam 2021 in seven phases. However, due to the rise of COVID-19, only six phases of the exam have been conducted. They are yet to conduct the seventh phase. They will release the results of this exam only after RRB conducts the seventh phase too.
All the regions of RRB will publish the results in their respective portals. The candidates can see their results in the portal of the region they applied for or can also visit the BYJU’s Exam Prep to get the direct link.
How do you check the results of the RRB NTPC Exam 2021?
As the date of the results announcement is yet to arrive, you must be prepared for it. You need to know how to check your results when RRB publishes them on the portals. Following are the steps in which you can verify your NTPC exam 2021 results in a hassle-free way:
- Firstly, you should know the name of the region you applied for, along with its respective portal. This is where RRB will publish the results.
- Once the results are out, visit the website of your respective region.
- On the website’s latest notifications section, you will find the direct link to this year’s published results. Click on this link.
- Then, the direct link will take you to the page of the results. Enter your details to log in to the website.
- You should enter your registration number and password. Then, click on the ‘show result’ button.
- Your results for the NTPC 2021 exam will appear on the screen. You can take a screenshot of it and save it for further use.
Candidates who clear the CBT stage one exam will be called to appear for stage two.
What is the minimum mark to qualify in RRB NTPC Exam?
The NTPC exam too, like all others, requires a certain cut-off for qualifying for the exam. For the UR and EWS classes, the minimum cut-off is 40%. For OBC and SC, the minimum cut-off is 30%. And for ST, the minimum cut-off is 25%.
RRB will announce the results of the NTPC exams very soon. This examination suits both graduates and undergraduates to find a respectable at the Indian railways. The overall difficulty of the exam is often moderate to difficult. Hence, candidates do not have to break their heads to prepare for this exam. You just need to have a vast amount of general knowledge and rational thinking ability. That is all!
if you have more education blog than you can write for us education.